October 12, 2016
College Positive Volunteerism Training Webinar. | Click here to register.
November 3 & 4, 2016
Civic Engagement Institute with an Active Leaders Student Track | UM-Dearborn
March 23, 2017
Awards Gala 5:00 to 9:00pm | Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
E. Lansing, MI
Partners in Change
November 3 & 4, 2016
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Thank you to the University of Michigan-Dearborn for being the Premiere Sponsor
by donating the space for this event!
Michigan Campus Compact (MiCC) is excited for our fall conference, "Partners in Change!" The conference will be held November 3-4, 2016 at the University of Michigan-Dearborn Fairlane Center in Dearborn, Michigan. This year's convening will blend two of MiCC's signature events, the Active Leaders Student Conference and Civic Engagement Institute, facilitating a dynamic exchange of energy, ideas and knowledge. The conference will feature a diverse set of workshop sessions, innovative and outstanding keynote speakers, and valuable deep learning opportunities.
• Thursday only – a variety of half-day, intensive colloquia options are offered; one targeted specifically for student leaders. Participants are invited to join us for an informal networking lunch to kick of the afternoon!
• Friday only – a traditional conference format with three separate workshop blocks, designed to address the needs and interests of faculty, staff and students; a morning member meeting and breakfast keynote (announcing our EXCITING new project!); two luncheon keynotes (your choice!); and an onsite service project led by our student planning committee.
• Full conference – commit to two days of professional development and networking for a discounted registration rate!
Our registration system will ask questions about your role on campus and your attendance plans to identify the appropriate registration fee level for you. Registration fees are listed here on our website, as is the registration link - http://micampuscompact.org/partnersinchange.aspx.
• Facing Project Orientation (invitation only) – J.R. Jamison and Kelsey Timmerman
• One Step Ahead: Developing the Holistic Leader in You (student session) – Demarra Gardner
• Advancing Service Learning and Community Engagement on Your Campus - Jeff Howard and Renee Zientek
• Diving Deeply into “Impact” - Dr. Emily Janke
• The Facing Project – J.R. Jamison and Kelsey Timmerman
• If Believing is Seeing, What Stories are We Telling? – Dr. Emily Janke
• Changing the Narrative: Checking Your Bias, Elevating Your Commitment and Holding Yourself Accountable – Breannah Alexander
Workshop Session Examples:
• Community Conversation: Restoring Public Trust in State Government
• Tapping the Creativity of College Students to Inspire K-12 Youth
• Engaged Departments: Do They Work? And Are They Worth It?
• (Re) Introduction to Community Engaged Teaching and Learning
• Impact Circle: Convening Mutually-Reinforcing Grassroots-University Partnerships for Strategic Community Investment and Transformational Collective Impact
• Working the Campus-Community Planning Table: Fostering a More Inclusive and Democratic Process
• Building Effective Campus-School Partnerships Through a Literacy Lens
• Keeping it Close to Home: Locally Based Alternative Breaks
• Beyond Adulting: Not Your Mama’s Advice on Standing Out as a Young Professional
• Community by Design
• A Year in Service: Help Communities, Launch Your Career
• Community Learning Partners: Focus on STEAM
• Reflection Circles as an Effective Method for Processing Community Engaged Learning
• Supporting a Sustainable Engagement: A Case Study on Project-Based Programs
• Fostering Student Leadership for Community Engagement and Social Justice