Michigan Campus Compact’s Venture Grants are financial awards ranging from $1,000-$3,500. Applications for Venture Grant funds are available to individuals or groups from MICC member campuses who wish to develop or expand community service programs, service-learning opportunities, and/or civic learning activities. Community service includes volunteer activities projects which meet the needs of the community. Service-learning integrates within the academic curriculum a thoughtfully organized service experience and provides structured opportunities for students to think, talk, or write about their service participation (reflection). Civic learning includes engaging students in a public purpose, social action, advocacy, community-based research, citizenship and/or renewing the civic mission of higher education.
Please note that Venture Grant dollars should not be requested for the purchase or lease of computer equipment, to supplant salaries or reimburse for release time of those involved in service projects, to provide student Alternative Break opportunities (although establishing new programs may be funded), to pay students to serve or for tuition scholarships. Faculty/staff/student time may be used as part of the match, but for no more than 75% of the entire match.
Michigan Campus Compact has awarded the following recipients with Venture Grants for Cycle 42, and we thank the outstanding review committee for their assistance in selecting these grantees:
Cycle 43 will open for applications on February 4, 2014.
Click here for RFP. Click here for Application.
All materials must be submitted via email to Melissa Strapec by April 4, 2014.
- Adrian College: Project PurSuit
- Alma College: Planetary Science Extravaganza-Astronomy 101 Serv
- Central Michigan University: CMU Service Ambassadors
- Central Michigan University: LDR 110-Personal Leadership & Service
- Davenport University: Power of the Pen Service-Learning
- Eastern Michigan University: Bringing the AB Movement Home
- Lake Superior State University: Good Neighbor Lunches
- Madonna University: Academic Service-Learning Professional Development
- Northern Michigan University: Promoting Connections-Integrating PA into English
- Oakland University: I-Pad Peer Writing Tutoring
- Schoolcraft College: Strengthening and Expanding Academic Service Learning
- University of Michigan: Learning Collab-Flu Shots in the Community
- University of Michigan: King Learning Garden
For questions about the Venture Grant Program or application process please contact Melissa Strapec.
View samples to assist in proposal writing
Venture Grant Brief Project Description
Venture Grant Budget & Budget Narrative
Previously funded projects:
Cycle 41 Grantees
Cycle 40 Grantees
Cycle 39 Grantees
Cycle 38 Grantees
Cycle 37 Grantees
Cycle 36 Grantees
Cycle 35 Grantees
Cycle 34 Grantees