Outstanding Student Service Awards
About the Awards
The HEART AND SOUL AWARD recognizes undergraduate and graduate students for their time, effort and personal commitment to their community through service.
- Heart and Soul nominees need to complete a short interest survey to receive their award certificate.
- Nominations are open for this award category. Click here to nominate any number of qualified students.
The COMMITMENT TO SERVICE AWARD recognizes TWO students per MICC member campus for either the breadth or the depth of his/her community involvement or service experience(s) and the demonstration of meaningful reflection. Recipients, for example, may have devoted multiple years to one program or have demonstrated their leadership by making multiple contributions to her/his institution and community through community service involvement.
- Nominations for this award must be submitted by the President’s Office of each MICC member campus. It is at the discretion of each campus to determine the selection of Commitment to Service nominees.
- Nominees for the Commitment to Service Award who submit a short letter of interest will be included in the review process to receive an Outstanding Community Impact award.
The OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY IMPACT AWARD honors up to five undergraduate and one graduate student in Michigan who have made service an integral part of their college experience by their significant contribution to community resources. The recipient’s efforts build partnerships between their campuses and communities, and demonstrate personal reflection and a commitment to lifelong engagement.
For more information about the Outstanding Student Service Awards please email Shelley Long or call her at 517-492-2432.
- Winners of this award will be selected by an outside review panel.
- Winners will receive $200 to donate to the organization of their choice.