Outstanding Student Service Awards
|On Saturday, April 12, 2014, Michigan Campus Compact celebrated eighteen years of Outstanding Student Service Awards.
Congratulations to all of the
2014 Outstanding Student Service Award winners!
Click here for photos of the event.
Michigan Campus Compact is pleased to announce the 2014 Outstanding Community Impact Award Winners! This year there are seven as two are a team from Kalamazoo College.
Read about their amazing service by clicking here.
- Leah Nawrocki, Aquinas College
- Jessica Mac Vane, Grand Valley State University
- Roxann Lawrence & Raven Fisher, Kalamazoo College
- Antigone Senn, Madonna University
- Jamilah Alhashidi, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Jonathan Wong, Wayne State University
For the complete awardee list for 2014, please click here.
About the Awards
The HEART AND SOUL AWARD recognizes undergraduate and graduate students for their time, effort and personal commitment to their community through service.
- Heart and Soul nominees need to complete a short interest survey to receive their award certificate.
- Nominations are open for this award category. Click here to nominate any number of qualified students.
The COMMITMENT TO SERVICE AWARD recognizes TWO students per MICC member campus for either the breadth or the depth of his/her community involvement or service experience(s) and the demonstration of meaningful reflection. Recipients, for example, may have devoted multiple years to one program or have demonstrated their leadership by making multiple contributions to her/his institution and community through community service involvement.
- Nominations for this award must be submitted by the President’s Office (or their designee) of each MICC member campus. It is at the discretion of each campus to determine the selection of Commitment to Service nominees.
- Nominees for the Commitment to Service Award who submit their surveys are the pool of candidates for the Outstanding Community Impact award. A review committee determines the winners of the Outstanding Community Impact Award. Please note: nominees do not receive both awards, if they are chosen for the Outstanding Community Impact Award, they receive that top award only.
- Click here to see what questions are asked prior to completing the online form.
The OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY IMPACT AWARD honors up to five undergraduate and one graduate student in Michigan who have made service an integral part of their college experience by their significant contribution to community resources. The recipient’s efforts build partnerships between their campuses and communities, and demonstrate personal reflection and a commitment to lifelong engagement.
- Individuals/campuses do not nominate for this award. The candidates are the students who are nominated for the Commitment to Service Award that have completed their required surveys.
- Winners of this award are selected by an outside review panel.
- Winners will receive $200 to donate to the organization of their choice.
For more information about the Outstanding Student Service Awards please email Shelley Long or call her at 517-492-2432.