Member Engagement Grants
2017-18 UPDATE: The Member Engagement Grant process and timeline are being updated. It is anticipated that this program will now follow a July 1 – June 30 timeline to mirror our organizational fiscal year. Check back here for updates later this spring, or keep an eye out for MiCC’s Newsletter!
In 2016 MiCC combined two different funding processes under one umbrella, re-branding our campus grants as Member Engagement Grants. Through an RFP process, ten projects were selected for funding this year. Look for information late this calendar year regarding our next application timeline. In the meantime, join us in congratulating the 2016-17 grantees!
Research & Writing Grants
- Dr. Debra Dougherty, Alma College, Access and Advocacy for Hispanic Communities in Central Mid-Michigan, $5,000
- Dr. Kirsten Weber, Central Michigan University, Unified Sports and Reduced Discrimination Toward Persons with Intellectual Abilities, $5,000
- Dr. Danielle Lake, Grand Valley State University,Catalyzing Systems Change: Leveraging Participatory Action Research to Move from EDI 1.0 to EDI 2.0, $5,000
- Renee Zientek, CSCLE, Michigan State University,Creating Excellence for All in Community Engaged Teaching and Learning, $5,000
- Dr. Elizabeth Hudson, Wayne State University, Education, Equity, and the Public: Exploring Effects of Student Involvement in Community-based Deliberations about Educational Equity, $5,000
- Central Michigan University, Using Food-Centered Activities to Improve Student Well-being, $3,500
- Eastern Michigan University, Board Training Program @ EMU, $3,500
- Hope College, Integrating STEM in Step Up, $3,500
- Lansing Community College, Empowering Student Leaders Engaged in CPV, $3,500
- Saginaw Valley State University, Writing From the Inside Out, $3,483.2