Active Leaders Student Conference: November 6, 2015
The 2015 Active Leaders Student Conference (ALSC) in Flint brought together college students from across the State of Michigan for an unforgettable day where they learned how to ‘live change and lead change’ on their campus, within their community and beyond! Featured workshops were designed to offer a unique view on community service, service-learning, and civic engagement. Throughout the conference Students had the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills, network with others and expand on their personal and professional development.
Special Thanks to the University of Michigan-Flint for hosting and sponsoring this event!
Click for more information on ALSCs dynamic keynote speaker:
What? So What? Now What? Integrating Reflection to Enhance Learning in Service Opportunities, presented by Devon Sterk, Wayne State University
Social Entrepreneurship & Self-Directed Education, by Sherry Hayden, University of Michigan-Flint
College Positive Volunteerism: Where are You Going to College & How Can I Help You Get There? by Rachel Poole, Michigan Campus Compact
Cardboard City by Kaitlyn Ferdinande, Saginaw Valley State University and Sarah Lewan, 2013 MiCC Outstanding Community Impact Awardee
Special Thanks to the 2015 Planning Committee!
- Olu Adejuwo, University of Michigan-Flint
- Brittany Bajo, Grand Valley State University
- Courtney Bourgoin, Michigan State University
- Nicole Carlin, Madonna University
- Kaitlyn Ferdinande, Saginaw Valley State University
- Alicia Gillman, University of Michigan-Flint
- Bridget Hudson, Lansing Community College
- Rachel Poole, MiCC Student Assistant for College Access Programs
- Mackenzie Price, Central Michigan University
- Rachel Yacoub, Mott Community College
- Tanya Ziacan, Mott Community College
For questions, email Shelley Long or call her at 517-492-2432